Tuesday, August 4, 2009

What a crazy weekend!

Wow, so this past weekend was very busy. First the painters finally showed up, but instead of it taking only 1 day like they said, it took 3 days for them to finish painting the house (Thurs.-Sat.) I'm so thankful to have my internet again now- lol! I also had to take Maddie and Annie out while they were painting, so thank you so much Grandma and Grandpa Dollar and Grandma and Grandpa Wells for putting us up for awhile ;)

Saturday I had my 10 year HS reunion. It went OK, most of the people I want to keep up with I do via facebook and myspace (and twitter and blogger, etc....) I wonder if reunions will start to disappear now that social networking via the internet is more popular. I had to laugh, one classmate came up to me and said "Carrie Dollar! Who can forget Carrie Dollar!" lol- My name is Corrie, lady!

Sunday was Annabelle's baptism. It went really well. Beth (Jake's sister) and her fiancee Barry (wedding in October) are the Godparents. I'm really excited that they accepted and I know they will be wonderful Godparents for Annie. We just invited family this time because we know how busy our friends are with their lives at this moment, and didn't want them to feel pressured to make it. I really hope everyone will be able to make it to Maddie's birthday party on Labor day though ;) We are hoping to have the fireplace project completed by then (we'll see.....) ;)

Poor Jake looks so tired after such a busy weekend :) Still a cute one of him and his girls though.


4 comments:

  1. I hope you are able to relax some before you start work this weekend! I'm sorry that we weren't able to make it to the baptism, but I am hoping to make it to the b-day party. That's such a cute picture of Jake with the girls! Who are the little girls on the left in the baptism picture? I can't tell...the only girls I can think of would be Maddie and Coralie, but these girls look older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some kids from the other baptisms- nobody we know.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, ok...I didn't realize they had other baptisms that same day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, there's actually a really neat story: there were 3 babies being baptized at the same time. All 3 babies had the middle name Grace: Annabelle Grace, Olivia Grace, and Christina Grace. Thus there were Three Graces ;)

    ReplyDelete