Friday, January 8, 2010

Congratulations to all my preggo mommies!

Here is a list of books I always try to recommend to all my pregnant mommies.  I have read and re-read them with each kid. 

1.  If you're trying to conceive, or trying NOT to conceive (especially in that funny in-between time right after delivery); this book is wonderful in teaching how to effectively do so without using any medical contraceptives.
Taking Charge of Your Fertility
By Toni Weschler


2. This book is great in answering all your questions about being pregnant, what to expect at each doctors visit, what new baby developments are happening, etc....
What to expect when you're expecting
By Heidi Murkoff




3. This next one is great in teaching how to teach your baby to fall asleep, and stay asleep through the night.  Now, I just followed the general ideas this book presented rather than following it exactly.  It was really good in teaching about setting schedules so I could get out of the house some. Also about why there is a 45 minute intruder with naps....
Babywise
By Gary Ezzo and Robert Bucknam



4. The BEST baby name book I've ever been able to find.  It shows the trend of each name through the years. Any possible nickname the name could develop, also a 'if you like this name, then you might like these names as well....' section. Wonderful.
The Baby Name Wizard
By Laura Wattenberg



5. My husband and brother in law  agree that this is a good book for Dads.
The Expectant Father 
By Armin Brott and Jennifer Ash



6. This gets you started on the basics and is good for reading before you deliver.The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding
By La Leche League



7. This book is great for problem solving after you deliver and have started breastfeeding. 
The Nursing Mother's companion
By Kathleen Huggins





8. An excellent Christian book on helping Fathers raise a confident daughter:
She Calls Me Daddy
By Robert Wolgemuth



9.  There are actually many good books on baby signing- I have 3 and highly recommend any of them. Perhaps the most extensive one, if I had to choose is:
Baby Signing 123
By Nancy Cadjan


I hope these books will be able to help you as much as they have helped me.
Any more books anyone would like to add?

1 comment:

  1. I adore Baby Signing 1,2,3. It was one of the first books I picked up when they told me Katy would never talk.

    I wonder if they have a book that involves "Let's not squeal at 4am because Mommy needs to sleep" :P

    ReplyDelete