Friday, January 22, 2010

Look how smart I am!

I'm so excited!!! I tried on my pre-Madelynn jeans (yes, pre-MADELYNN jeans) and they fit!!!! Granted, I remember them being alittle loose, and now I can barely breathe in them- but nontheless, they FIT!!!! And oh, my feet sure look nice and blue right now...... 
I quickly jumped on the scale after putting on the jeans fully expecting to have lost about 10lbs (since I did walk around the block that one time.) And wha?!?!?!?  I was still the EXACT SAME WEIGHT!!!!  How did that happen? My fat just somehow got re-distributed.....??? That must have been some massage Jake gave me last night.....
I just read this email a friend sent me, and it suddenly all makes sense.

With time, we gain weight
because we accumulate so much information and wisdom in our heads
that when there is no more room,
it distributes out to the rest of our bodies.
So we aren't heavy,

we are enormously cultured,
educated and happy.
Beginning today,

when I look at my butt in the mirror I will think,
¨Good grief, look how smart I am!¨


Have a fantastic day, all you other wonderfully smart women (and men) out there!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the jeans fitting!! Maybe the scale was broken?? Either way, just enjoy the feeling of being able to get back into old clothes...it's a natural high! :) Cute poem, also!

    ReplyDelete