I think I've been reading too much Pioneer Woman blog. As I write this, I'm mentally putting it under my cooking tab, and thinking about what I'll be putting under my homeschool tab. Hmmm, I need to get Jake on that-lol! I saw this idea in a magazine and thought I'd try it. It's not as pretty as the magazine picture, but it was really good- and so easy to make! It basically is an egg cooked in toast. I went for a butterfly shape, but I think that was too much detail and it looks nothing like a butterfly. Next time I'm going for the easier heart or circle shape.....
1. Butter a slice of bread on both sides
2. Use a cookie cutter to cut out the shape you want from the middle of the bread.
3. Warm a skillet and place the bread in the skillet. (this is where I found out with the first one, that the skillet needs to be greased with some butter too.)
4. Crack the egg into the middle of the toast (into the cut-out shape.)
5. Most of the egg needs to be cooked, then flip the toast to cook the other side.
Eat and enjoy!
Pick Yer Color! by The Pioneer Woman
4 hours ago